Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Running for office - would you vote for me?

Disclaimer: The boy depicted in the drawing is actually not me. But I did get a little sunburnt over the long weekend, spending virtually all day outside each day. If you're bored and want to be grossed out, go to Yahoo or Google images and search for sunburn. Yikes!

As part of my platform for my fictional run for office, I will promote the 4 day work week. And none of this draconian 4 - 10 hour day nonsense, I'm talking 4 - 8 or 8.5 hour days. Seriously, that' s enough time to get all our work done. I guess that's not going to do much to win me the support of big business. Bummer. But combined with my required 4 weeks of vacation, elimination of ATM fees and banning of road tolls, I figure to be the populist choice. Maybe I can pander to the crowd by offering some nonsensical gas tax holiday too!

I'm realizing that the last few weeks very little has happened that has been blog-worthy. Oh well. I get to head into the office tomorrow for the first time in about a month. That sounds about right to me! Paying one of my clients a visit tomorrow and then a visit to a prospective client Monday. Those are always dog and pony shows but I kind of like them for some reason. And then I get to go to another client in Houston in a couple weeks. Then class starts back up again. Time flies.

I'm happy to report knocking out a couple of big items on my to do list over the weekend. To be honest, I'm kind of surprised at how much I've gotten done. And I even got to do a few extra things as well. I'm going to try and knock out the GRE practice test this weekend to figure out how much work I need to do to prepare for this thing, ugh.

OK, enough for now, I'll try to check back a time or two this week.

Song lyric of the day "Rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will" Where I May Roam, Metallica.

Until next time.

Ace

3 comments:

Shel said...

I'll vote for you if you get rid of the tolls! I'd also kind of like the 4 day work week.

Ace said...

I guess I better start working on a catchy campaign slogan!

Anonymous said...

Go negative ace, the voters love that!