Monday, May 5, 2008

Getting crispy near the finish line

Wow, after this week, I'm pretty much done with spring semester. I'll have one more week where I can make revisions to my final paper but that's really it. Since I can e-mail the paper to the prof, I won't have to trek back out to campus, which is nice. I can't really report that I finished the paper yet but I'm within a few paragraphs of doing so. I expect that to happen tonight or tomorrow although to be truthful I really should have finished it already. Oh well, I'm a slacker, I've come to accept it.

I am taking one course over the summer and am not yet signed up for any classes for the fall. Once I finish with my stuff this week, I'm going to get started on applying for the graduate program so that I can figure out what I need to do to finish that up. I'm not really sure what the schedule will look or if I'll even be able to complete it by the time I student teach Fall '09. I guess we'll see.

The break between spring and summer semester is going to be cram-packed with a lot of stuff. I've got several projects around the house including tearing out our crumbling swingset and sodding over the area, finishing up a room in the basement I've been working on for roughly infinity, and finishing some exterior painting I started last summer. I also want to get the grad school app done and maybe take the GRE. We'll see how it goes. If that all gets done, I'll be shocked. But I'm aiming high!

Spent a lot of time outside this weekend and got the slight sunburn to prove it. Saturday was 2 frigid hours of soccer, it was stark and windy. I hope everyone doesn't get sick again as a result of it. But yesterday was actually quite beautiful, in the lower 70s and sunny. We had a make-up soccer game, which was pretty fun. Our team seems to be getting better and my kid is actually one of the better ones on the team (although not living up to the self-proclamation that "I am the best player on the team!" Sheesh, the nerve of the kid...). I'd like to work with the kids on some stuff but the other coach doesn't seem all that excited about the idea. Whatever, only 2 more weeks and then we are done.

Heard a new song from the Killers the other day that really struck me called Shadowplay. Only heard it once but seemed like a good one. Also digging the red-hot Finger Eleven song getting played everywhere although I have no idea the name of it. And only eight days until the new Local H record drops (yeah, I got all the cool kid lingo working today baby!).

Song lyric of the day "You can fall in, with the fall out, go ahead and grin, there ain't much to laugh about, you can fall in line, with the cooler heads" Local H

Until next time.

Ace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy summer is in store for you. Good luck getting it all accomplished.

Remember, sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar eats you.

Ace said...

Another Caucasian Gary?