Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Fin

Just finished up my paper and I do believe I am done with everything for this semester. I have to say, I loved my final Monday night - sitting at home working on the computer, eating dinner, watching baseball and playing poker. Now that is multi-tasking folks! Glad it's over. And this paper may not be my finest work but I think it's high B / low A quality. One advantage of being an English major in some of these classes is that I think the teachers are used to some pretty poor writing. Since I majored in English writing, gives me a bit of a leg up. Anyhow, I'm looking at definitely one A this semester and likely 2, unless I get a heavy ding for not turning in the rough draft of my paper. I guess we'll see!

And now it's on. First things first are the big 12 year anniversary for me and the better half. Celebrating with a couple concerts in the next week, first a return trip to see Crowded House, which is a favorite for the better half. And the other is one we both love, Flight of the Conchords. I know I've raved about them here before but they really are hilarious - I'm greatly looking forward to my first trip to see the fellas.

A big congrats go out to J&B who gave birth to their third little one. Sounds like everyone is healthy. I swear, all my friends and acquaintances are going to be the most sleep deprived people around in about 3 or 4 more months when the rest of these babies are born. Crazy!

Enough for now, I'll try to check back in before the end of the week.

Song lyric of the day: "summer, summer, summertime / Time to sit back and unwind" - Will Smith

Until next time.

Ace

6 comments:

Shel said...

Congrats on finishing! And that Finger Eleven song you've been singing is probably Paralyzer. I have the song if you want it.

Ace said...

Thanks, glad to be done, the final class last night was quite agonizing. The better half got the song from ITunes, I was just too lazy to look the name up!

Unknown said...

Sounds like, dare I say....Good Times? Congrats on the light at the end of this semester's tunnel.

Ace said...

Ugh! Thanks for the congrats - greatly looking forward to 5 or 6 weeks of no classes!

Anonymous said...

Rock on. Congrats on finishing up the term.

Ace said...

Thx bro, thought about playing some Soupdragons just for you but believe it or not I don't have it handy!