Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's On!

Oh yeah, that's right. It is full on this Saturday, excitement the likes of which hasn't been seen in ages. Yep, you got it, GRE in its full glory. I will spend one of the likely last beautiful autumn days cooped up in some high school cafeteria or gymnasium in front of a keyboard. Sweet!!!!

Actually, besides the setting, not too different from last weekend, where I spent most of it in front of the keyboard in my basement practicing for the exam and finishing a practice exam. With some practice (and probably some lucky guessing), I managed to get my score all the way up to the 91st percentile and safely within the acceptance zone for my school's grad program. And while there is no way to get your practice essays graded, there are examples provided of other essays and the scores that they received. I feel like I should be fine there as well. So, I will do the deed on Saturday and hopefully be done with it. I hope I pass because it's a hundred and forty freakin bucks to take this thing. Ugh!

That is all for now.

Song lyric of the day: "I'd take off my shades / And be blinded by the sun" Gym Class Heroes

Until next time.

Ace

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck, my friend. All spare brainwaves are headed your way (not much, I know)...

Ace said...

Thx, much appreciated. It's going to be a thrill!

Shel said...

Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed and try to find a four leaf clover or something...