Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hungry hungry hippo

Anyone remember King Hippo? I had occasion the other day to think about this strange character, originally from Mike Tyson's Punch Out, a Nintendo game that came out in the late '80s I suppose. His heft was great, leading to his easily knocking out Mac (you, the player) if you were inexperienced or didn't bother to deal with his assaults. But alas, he was a pretty easy foe to vanquish once you figured out how to attack his weak underbelly region. Good times.

Times are very busy, spent a nice weekend celebrating the better half's bday. It was fun to hang out with some friends and do some fun stuff. There was a surreal moment where we realized that all the guys in our party were dressed nearly identically, jeans and a blue polo. Thankfully, the establishment was dark enough that I doubt anyone noticed the fashion faux pas.

Otherwise, class really hasn't been too busy, a lot of reading and writing short responses but nothing too overwhelming. I felt a little less lost in the second night of class than the first. Hopefully the trend continues. The professor is pretty cool. This week I got to read a bunch of Nathaniel Hawthorne, including a few short stories that are overwhelmingly depressing. Should be a great deal of fun to discuss in class. I'm looking at taking the GRE by the end of this month, which, if all goes well, will be the last step in my admission to the graduate program. I'll be glad to complete that part of the process.

Enough for now!

Song lyric of the day "Hittin' where it hurts / You're doing dirty work" Webb Wilder

Until next time.

Ace

3 comments:

Today in History said...

A Webb Wilder lyric? There's hope for you yet!

Shel said...

That was freakin' hilarious with you guys all in the same "uniform"!

Ace said...

I thought you might enjoy the Webb reference, that was a great song. Should have you e-mail me a copy of it....