Friday, September 19, 2008

Fear the Reptile!

As many of my readers know, I'm not the most religious person you'll ever run across. So, last night's discussion in class centered on a story written by Nathaniel Hawthorne called Rappacini's Daughter. We spent
damn near three hours talking about this story and two others and their relation to specific scriptures in the Old and New Testament, including the Garden of Eden passage in Genesis. It was quite a mental work out, to be sure. Throw in some analysis from literary critics and you've got a recipe for mass confusion, overly dramatic interpretation and general academia-induced nausea.
_
The good news is that neither of my big assignments for the course are due until December. This is good as I'll be able to get through the busiest time at work before I have to put in heavy duty time towards my assignments. That means I can focus on other things as well, such as the GRE. I'm planning some study time this weekend (yuk!) and hopefully another practice test that shows some improvement over my last score. Assuming that goes well, I'll schedule the test for sometime in the next couple weeks. When I entered college you had to schedule way in advance but now, since everything is done online, it can be done by simply walking into a testing center. Nice! So that's the latest and greatest schoolwise.
_
I also would be remiss if I failed to point out my sheer dominance in 2 of my 3 fantasy football leagues so far. Big game this weekend against the other top team in one of the leagues. We won't talk about my third league, where I'm 0-2 and already on the brink of elimination. Eeek.
_
Song lyric of the day "There's no one's gonna believe this / But we're lost in the garden of Eden /This fire is burnin' and it's out of control /It's not a problem you can stop/ It's rock n' roll /Suck on that" Guns N Roses (hi Axl!)
_
Until next time.
_
Ace

1 comment:

Shel said...

Wow, three hours of Hawthorne and the bible... did you want to burst your own ear drums? Or at least have a very strong drink...