Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sprint to the finish / Slummin'

Class is almost done! Three more sessions, including a group presentation tonight. Then my final project is due Monday, despite not having started it yet. Looks like Sunday is going to be a long day! But I'm sure it will be fine, I'm just glad to actually be caught up finally. Next step will be to apply for the graduate program.

Did I mention I'm a slumlord? Most of you already know this about me but the better half and I co-own several rental properties with our friends Tom & Trish. As it turns out, we are in the midst of purchasing a monster home, a gargantuan $35,000 home. Anyhow, that's adding to the madness that is occurring right now. But the good news is, we're taking out a 10 year mortgage so it'll be taken care of fairly quickly.

And the eldest turned six on Monday. Wow, we are getting really old. A big party will ensue as dozens of friends descend on our house this weekend. Hopefully it doesn't go the way of Gulliver's travels, with me tied up and carried around by the munchkins.

Have to run for now.

Song lyric of the day "Our house - in the middle of our street" - Madness (appropriately named)

Until next time.

Ace

No comments: