Friday, July 25, 2008

Meet the Mets!



Is there a cooler mascot than Mr. Met? That's a rhetorical question, for it is common knowledge that Mr. Met rocks it like no other.

I am pleased to report my favorite baseball squad has somehow managed to survive the firing of their manager, several heartbreaking defeats in the late innings (including a real crusher earlier this week against the then-first place Phillies), and a plethora of injuries to find themselves in first place heading into the weekend. It's been a tough rollercoaster of a ride this season but I'm very happy to see how resilient they've been. I sure hope they keep it up, especially when we're out there in a couple of weeks.

As an aside, I've managed to take over one of my fantasy leagues and I'm absolutely dominating. There's still a lot of season left but I'm optimistic about winning the whole thing. And I haven't had to trade away much of my team to accomplish it. In the meantime, after deciding to give up for this year in another league, I made a trade that was quite controversial. We'll see how it turns out, it definitely brought a lot of criticism from fellow owners. Fantasy football is also gearing up and it looks like I'll be in 3 or 4 leagues this year. Last year was a good one, with 1 win and another cash out of 3 leagues. Good times!

A little geeky sports heavy today but wanted to celebrate the Mets climbing back up top!

Song lyric of the day: "Meet the Mets, meet the Mets / Step right up and greet the Mets" Mets fight song, full lyrics here (quite hilarious actually).

Until next time.

Ace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That photo cracks me up!

Ace said...

Gotta love Mr. Met. He and Billy Marlin need to do a buddy movie!

Shawn said...

Wasn't there an ESPN commercial back in the day that had Mr. Met and Suzy Cohn in bed together?

LAVA!! This could only be you.

Shawn

Ace said...

holy smokes, from way outta left field! Great to hear from you.

I tried to find the one you're talking about on youtube to no avail but I do have a vague memory of it.

Come back by often!