Monday, July 28, 2008

Men in makeup & coffeehouse styling

Well, I tried to embed the video but I clearly have no idea how to do it. So, instead click here for a partial version of Scott Lucas solo acoustic Friday night at a little place called Flatlanders in Lincolnshire. It's the song Halcyon Days, features pretty brutal camera work (think Cloverfield, puke!) and someone in the crowd singing along quite horribly. But what the heck, it's recorded documentation of a really cool show. It was less than an hour but well worth it. Highlights were recent releases Simple Pleas, the first half of The One with Kid, and What Would You Have Me Do, and sweet covers of Bad Moon Rising, Concrete Blonde's Joey and TV on the Radio's Wolf Like Me, which I'd never heard before but was a great finish to the show. Lots of fun, this guy does not disappoint. And the better half enjoyed it as well!

This came after a hectic drive up from our area where we had checked out the new Batman flic, Dark Knight. I've heard a lot of glowing praise about this movie, especially the now departed Heath Ledger's role as the Joker and was a little wary about it. I have to say that for the most part, this movie totally delivered. The only people who I thought weren't that great were Batman and the love interest. Everyone else was really top notch, especially Ledger and the dude who played Two Face. Really outstanding and fun, you could not tell it was a 2 1/2 hour + epic. And it was really cool checking out all the Chicago scenery in the film. We kept ID'ing places we have frequented at various points in our lives. Overall a great evening.

Good news on the school front also, I finally got into a Lit class for this fall so I'm good to go. Still contemplating adding one more class, it really depends on my grad school status. I need to figure that out pretty quickly, probably this week. Still no word on grades for the summer but I'm pretty sure I nailed an A.

Song lyric of the day: "Searching for the Dark Knight / Lurking in the shadows of the city" Method Man

Until next time.

Ace

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went and saw The Dark Knight yesterday and both really enjoyed it. How solid is Gary Oldman? He's always fun to watch. Ledger stole the show, no doubt about it.

Shel said...

Man - Dark Knight rocked! I forgot throughout most of the movie that it was even Heath Ledger playing the Joker, that's how awesome he was...

Shawn said...

Good movie! Ledger was amazing. His performance is so good that its sad we will not see him have the opportunity to reprise that role. My son and I stood in a line for almost 30 minutes to catch the midnight show. It was worth it.

Shawn

Ace said...

It's funny, I've yet to find a single person who didn't like the movie. One complaint, why does Batman talk so weird, like he has a speech impediment or something? Weird.

Glad y'all liked it. I still haven't seen the one right before this one but will be watching it soon.