Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Numbnuts

I really cannot wait until I'm teaching. At least then the people I work with every day will have at least a sixth grade intellect. I never cease to be astonished by the lack of brainpower and proliferation of ineptitude I get to witness on a daily basis.

Enough about that nonsense. Let's get to some good stuff. First off, a big congrats to W & J for the birth of their little dude Evan, who despite some hospital staff ineptitude, is doing great. And a big happy bday to a couple of my boys - JTB, sorry I missed the boat, literally and figuratively, and Baboo, sorry I haven't talked to you in a million years. But you're both one year closer to retirement!

I'm also excited to report that for our little guy's 2nd bday in October, the whole family is taking a trip for an up close performance by the Backyardigans, a popular kids show on Playhouse Disney. I got excellent seats that I think the kiddies will enjoy. And since that is an insane time at work usually, it will be a nice diversion. Oh, and I tricked the better half into going to see Scott Lucas of Local H acoustic with me Friday night - yippeee!

Summer break part deux is going well. Our trip to New York City begins a week from Saturday and I'm greatly looking forward to it. We've got nice seats at Shea Stadium for our Mets game and I had to break the piggie banks just to afford cheapies at Yankees Stadium. Scalpers are scumbags, huh? Anyhow, we got the hotel for free using some club member points and are driving out, so hopefully the trip will be cost effective. And the kids are happy since the hotel has a pool. On the off day, we'll probably try to do a few things like see Ellis Island or something like that. Anyone have any tips on cool stuff that's family friendly?

I also got my application for grad school in. Still not registered for any fall classes, I really need to square that away. But also getting some stuff done around the house that's been awaiting completion. And really starting to get geared up for fantasy football, looks like I'm moving up from 3 to 4 leagues this year. Since I finished ahead last year financially, I am experiencing delusions of grandeur. Maybe I'll put a poll up to help me pick a sweet team name, I kinda like that idea. Pop some suggestions for consideration in the comments section peeps.

Song lyric of the day "Drivin around town with a soda between my legs, I got numb nuts, numb nuts" Reptile House

Until next time.

Ace

2 comments:

Today in History said...

Nice to know you have such a low opinion of everyone you work with. thanks.

Ace said...

lol, you sir, are nearing genius status so no worries! I've never met a person with more knowledge (although most of it bizarre).