Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Celebrate good times c'mon!

So many reasons to celebrate today!

First off, I finally got into a class for this fall. It's a graduate level lit class, American Lit between 1830 and 1865. Looks like lots of Melville, Hawthorne, Thoreau, etc. I'm pretty excited about this because I'm pretty bad with lit since most of my undergrad English work was around writing. Starting off reading Moby Dick. The other sweet thing is I got all my textbooks online for a grand total of $20, including shipping. Much better than most classes, textbooks are a total ripoff.

Also, just a few days away from the big trip to New York. Probably stupidly, we are driving. It's nice to see the price of gas diving just before the trip, hopefully it will continue to fall. It's looking like somewhere around a 14 hour drive or so. I'm hoping that by driving overnight we'll minimize the pain for the kids and avoid traffic at the same time.

We're leaving Friday night and should be back late next week. We're going to check out a couple baseball games (one at Yankee Stadium and one at Shea) and I'm sure we'll do some other touristy stuff like Central Park and the Statue of Liberty. And I'm sure we'll spend plenty of time at the hotel pool, a favorite activity for the kiddies.

It will also be nice to recharge the batteries before work heads into the busy season, which is right around the corner. Sooner or later I will no longer have to dread the fall season - which will be nice, because it really is probably the best time of year in the midwest. Of course, that's a matter of opinion!

Anyhow, I'm sure there are many other reasons to be overjoyed but these are a few of the biggies.

Song lyric of the day: "It's party time / Let's have a ball / Do what you like!" Big Audio Dynamite

Until next time.

Ace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great, and safe, trip my friend!

cubbieblue17 said...

Enjoy Yankee Stadium. Good fans there. Fun place to watch a game.

Ace said...

Thx fellers, greatly looking fwd to it. I'll try to come back with some pics