Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday

I'm a day late but I'd like to wish a hearty happy Bday to my little sister (No, I'm not that big of a jerk, I did speak to her yesterday and wish her a happy birthday). One year closer to retirement kiddo!

Classes continue on. This was a pretty light weak on the homework front. I'm looking at working ahead in the next couple of weeks with a lot of stuff happening on the personal front. My 2 classes are starting to look like they are going to be quite a breeze. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that I'm going to get a lot of applicable knowledge out of them. But, that's somewhat the nature of foundation type classes.

The big trip to see the rodent in Orlando is now only a few weeks away. A major change on that front, the family will be travelling via air instead of the lengthy minivan excursion. I think the parents are awfully relieved about that.

Lots of work travel coming up. I'm heading to North Carolina next week for a quick overnight extravaganza. It promises to be full of meaningless nonsense. Unfortunately, they managed to schedule both my days and my night there so I have absolutely no downtime. Ugh. Also heading out to Northern California again in about 4 weeks. Love it! My favorite place on this chunk of rock we live on.

I also saw The Departed this weekend. This is a brilliant cast and a very suspenseful movie. Some of the twists are a little hard to follow but Scorcese did a nice job with this flic and DiCaprio was fantastic. Another similar sort of seedy underworld movie I saw recently was Alpha Dog. Most notably this movie included Justin Timberlake. This was another good movie although the ending was gut wrenching. Supposedly it is at least based on a true story.

OK, gotta run.

Until next time.

Ace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice traveling by air, that's huge!

The Departed was a really great movie, and not hearing anything about the ending I was totally stunned.

Shel said...

Thanks for the b-day mention! And my yummilicious b-day dinner last night!