Friday, May 29, 2009

Cont'd

Where was I?

Oh yeah, staying out too late on a school night. The next day took us to preschool graduation for #2. Hard to believe it's that time already, the time really does fly. It seems like just yesterday we were rushing to the hospital to try and get there before the little one joined us. Yikes, that was a tough time. But it has been extremely rewarding, despite any day to day stuff that goes on. We think frequently about how fortunate we are to have a healthy, happy family.

After an early evening Friday to catch up on some sleep, took the opportunity to get up early on Saturday and head down to the city and help J & Em move into their new condo. Congrats on entering the land of homeownership, next time we'd appreciate something a little higher up, maybe eighth or ninth floor? Just kidding, hope you are settling in nicely!

Sunday was quite a day. We started by heading to Chinatown, leaving #3 at home with everyone's favorite aunt. We decided to try a new place called Triple Crown on the recommendation of a neighbor. Place was really good! A really interesting calamari served as part of dim sum, had never seen that before. The food was good but it was missing a couple of favorite dishes from a few of the other places we frequent. That said, I'm sure we'll pay another visit.

From there, we headed down the street to US Cellular Field, to watch the White Sox take on the Pirates. The seats were exceptional, first row in the 3rd section past 1st base. Absolutely primo! The weather was beautiful, the kids were fairly well-behaved, and the game was quick. They have a really cool attraction out in the left field area where kids can go and do various activities, like race against a cardboard cutout of one of the Sox players on a track. Another area had a batting cage and another had the kids throw a few balls at targets. It was really cool and a great way to break up the game a little bit since the kids wouldn't be content to sit still for 3 hours.

After the game we headed home and went to a home poker game where at least I got to drink a few beers. That was about all it was worth as I played like garbage. It was actually a really fun time as it was with a new group of guys I didn't know very well.

After that, I finished the weekend off by putting in the new stuff for this year's garden in the rain on Monday. Not much fun as it was kinda chilly. But it's done and hopefully we'll have enough tomotoes and raspberries to save some for the winter.

Sheesh, now that I look back on it, maybe it wasn't all that exciting. But it sure as heck was busy. And I can hear the bell of school tolling once more for me, with classes set to start up again in a couple of weeks. Apparently I signed myself up for some Shakespeare course. I enjoyed the last Shakespeare class I had, so hopefully this one will be the same. One bad sign, I e-mailed the prof for a list of books so I could buy them online and rather than just telling me the list of books, he informed me how he had, sniff sniff, submitted the list weeks ago and I could obtain the list from the bookstore. How absolutely ridiculous of me to ask the professor! Good times ahead...

Song lyric of the day "We're movin' on up / to the east side / to a deee-luxe apt in the skyyyyy" The Jeffersons theme song

Until next time.

Ace

2 comments:

Shel said...

I do so enjoy being everyone's favorite aunt! :-)

Anonymous said...

We are very settled, thanks again for the extra pair of hands, and for babysitting my brothers!