Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Steer clear!


A belated congrats to R & N on successfully completing the arduous process of adopting a little girl from Russia, which happened around Christmas time. I can't wait to meet her!

The Great Fever of '09 has hit our house in full effect. It started with #1, who missed a whole week of school. 3 days later #2 & #3 got it, along with the better half. Thankfully this week is spring break for the kids from school so we've been ok on that front. Hopefully I won't manage to catch it, so far I've steered clear. I think my bout with something similar about a month ago immunized me!

Things are heating up class-wise. Fortunately, one of my instructors decided to ditch one of our assignments, leaving me with really just one short paper to write in the next couple weeks until the end of the semester, when there are a couple of things due. But that frees up time and space for me to work on my term paper, which I expect is going to be quite an effort. That's due in 3 1/2 weeks. I've written some but really need to dig in and get my research done. Where will I find the time?

One fun thing coming up this weekend, taking #1 & #2 to see the Chicago Bulls. We watch a lot of the games and they especially love the animated opener the Bulls do. It should be fun although I'm not expecting that we'll stay all that long. We'll see how it goes, I'm getting the cheapest possible tickets since I know we won't be watching the game much.

Song lyric of the day "Get down with the sickness" Disturbed

Until next time.

Ace

2 comments:

Dave said...

Maybe bringing the sick kids to the Bulls game will help out the team. After catching the germ, they can finish off the season by having consecutive Jordan-flu games.

Shel said...

Man, this sickness is everywhere. I hope everyone feels better!