Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Book time!



“Let me introduce myself,” the figure spoke. His voice was soft, almost effeminate, but carried such an edge to it that it left no mistake as to who was in charge and what was about to happen. “I am your doom.”


The above is a brief excerpt from the new novel Dying Moon by Shawn Oetzel, who describes the book as "a crime drama/fantasy tale I like to describe as Terry Brooks meets CSI". Check it out peeps, this is good stuff. You can order your copy here.


In the meantime, I've been busying myself with a re-reading of the Hobbit, good material while I'm hitting the treadmill. I really think this will be an excellent movie. Unfortunately, it looks like it won't be out until 2012. I guess I'll have to wait but if Peter Jackson gives it the same treatment as the Lord of The Rings trilogy, we should be in for a spectacle.


Song lyric of the day "So I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains" Led Zeppelin

Until next time.

Ace


1 comment:

Robin said...

The Hobbit on the treadmill...I bow to your ability. I could not read a book like that and walk at the same time. It took all I could to do to read Bridget Jones!! I have to concentrate on the Hobbit. Bridget Jones...she's like my twin.