Monday, April 7, 2008

Happy Bday!


I wanted to wish a Happy Bday to my eldest sister. Hope it's a smokin' good time! :-)
Have I ever talked about my sisters, brothers, cousins, etc. on the blog? Oh the stories I could tell! I always like to joke that my family tree is like a row of hedges. Wow, I slay me. One of the things I'm most (in)famous for in the family is taking the camcorder during holidays and walking around the house trying to start trouble and catch it on film. Maybe I'm sick that way but I just find it highly entertaining. And the memories I create (and capture for posterity!). On occasion it's not gone so well, like the time I bought my nephew a fifth of Jack Daniels for Xmas in the secret Santa celebration. Hey, I truly had no idea he had just started to abstain from the joy juice, people should make that kind of info available prior to gift giving occasions!
Week one of the better half's employment is in the books. We're making the adjustment, although the youngest is having a bit of a tough time adjusting to daycare, even though he is only in for a couple hours a couple of times per week. Today was better than the last time, hopefully it will get progressively better. And the better half told me today that it has been enjoyable getting involved in the grown up world again. I hope that continues!
I am thoroughly loving that baseball season is underway. I skipped class last week due to the national holiday of Opening Day. I managed to grill some fresh brats despite the cold and rain and just thoroughly basked in the glory of about 6 baseball games on TV. It's also been great to have games on in the background while working.
Getting very close to the end of the semester, I think 6 weeks left. I need to register for classes for the summer, it looks like 2 classes will be the limit this term. That is probably for the best with our new, busy schedule. I'd like to have one of them be an online class, which would not tie me to a classroom and allow me to work around the better half's work needs.
That's all for now, I'll try to check back in later this week.
Today's Song Lyric of the Day: "Insane in the membrane, insane in the brain!" - Cypress Hill
Until next time.
Ace.

No comments: