Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Just like starting over

Weren't those the lyrics in an Elvis song? I think so, thanks mom for putting freaking Elvis lyrics in my head. It's amazing how quickly the time has gone, it seems like last week I was working on finishing up my semester-end projects. And here I am 5 days away from starting a new semester.

It looks like this semester will be a little different, I'm just taking 2 classes at the moment. I might add one more class but I've been lazy during break and haven't tried to test into the Calc class I need. So, I may still try to do that in the next few days but that seems unlikely. I had a lot of grand plans of things to do during break but I only got to few of them. But, one thing I've been able to do is hang out quite a lot with the family, so that is a good thing. I'm sure it will be an adjustment being away a couple nights a week again.

Other good news is that I got all A's last semester. I'm not shocked, I felt like I was going to but it's always nice to knock it down.

We're gearing up for a trip to Florida in the next month or so. Taking the fam to Disney and also attending a record release party for Seven Mary Three's new album Day & Night Driving. That is going to be a great time. Shortly thereafter venturing out to Vegas as well.

OK, just wanted to pop in a quick post. I'll leave with a joke....


A man was riding in the back of his limousine when he saw a man eating grass by the roadside. He ordered his driver to stop and he got out to investigate.
"Why are you eating grass?" he asked the man.
"I don't have any money for food," the poor man replied.
"Oh, please come to my house!"
"But sir, I have a wife and four children..."
"Bring them along!" the rich man said.
They all climbed into the limo. Once underway, the poor fellow said, "Sir, you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us in."
The rich man replied, "No, you don't understand. The grass at my house is over three feet tall!"

Until next time.

Ace

5 comments:

Robin said...

I like the way you spent your time. Do the school thing when in school but you can't get the time back with the family.

Disney World!?!?
My bags will be packed and I'll be at the end of the driveway!! Just pick me up on the way by.
My most FAV ride is Buzz Lightyear!! Tower of Terror and Rock and Roll Coaster....awesome but the Buzz was just plain fun!!!

M-I-C...Seee you real soon
K-E-Y....Becuz I'm your favorite Stalker
M-O-U-S-EEEEEEEEE.

Get that stuck in your head!!

Robin said...

"you can't get the time back with the family."

too much coffee and not enough braincells....

Family first... school second is the jist.

Anonymous said...

Nice works on those stellar grades my friend.

Ace said...

Thx Nadine, you have a way of making my slothlike ways seem like a good thing! Just kidding of course but I do agree that the time with the family has been time very well spent this break.

Sorry, I don't think you're on my way to Disney but I promise to report back. We'll see how we do with a long drive from the midwest to the enchanted kingdom.

Ace said...

Thx Jason, it's definitely nice to see that after all the hard work of the semester. Of course, I don't think they give anything lower than a B in grad school....