Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Revving up

As I bask in the tropical warmth of 20 degree weather, I am finding it necessary to get things rolling on another semester of school. Dr. King's holiday spared me from class last night but we're back at it tonight. Unfortunately, I haven't received any of my textbooks yet that I ordered early last week. Nothing like starting out a week or two behind!

I'm very excited as a couple of close friends are getting ready to tie the knot in a couple weeks in Mexico. That decision (the Mexico part) is looking smarter every day. The other part of the decision was looking good from the get go! As near as I can tell, it is the last imminent nuptial among my close friends. While there are certainly some other possibilities, they don't look to be very immediate. It's sort of strange, there used to be a half dozen weddings every year to attend. Guess I'm getting old....

With every wedding comes the bachelor / bachelorette party. I partook in the bachelor half this past weekend. And while it's generally taboo to discuss what occurs in these uber-secret shows of ridiculousity, I'll just say that there were a LOT of legs.

Song lyric of the day "She's got legs / and she knows how to use them" ZZ Top

Until next time.

Ace

2 comments:

Robin said...

Oh that would be sooooo nice...a warm beach, sand, and a pina colada.

where do I sign up??

Ace said...

lol, probably too late to get to know them well enough in two weeks! But I like the way you think...