Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mother flippin freezin!

Folks, I've finally thawed my numbed extremities and I'm done making out with my snow shovel. Is it spring yet? Sheesh, less than a month til pitchers and catchers report at least. I'm pleased to report that I have 3 trips in the next six weeks to warmer locales, Mexico, California and Texas. Maybe I can string them all together and not come back until April. I heard on the news yesterday that my area has already received the amount of snow it usually gets in an entire season. And that weather models show we've only received 40% of what we're going to get this season. Ugh! And tomorrow the temperature is not supposed to creep above 0. Unreal.

I haven't had much that's newsworthy to report on. But I did begin my new semester this week, with two classes fired up. One of them is similar to my class last semester in that a major portion of my grade is tied up in a research paper, this one required to be 18-20 pages. Man, I really don't like writing these things! The other one looks like a piece of cake, take home mid-term and final, and 6 reading responses. Sweet! So, not a ton of busy work in either. Both are pretty technical classes though, so I hope they become interesting. The first session of each was not promising!

And it looks like I will make my glorious return to soccer coaching this spring, doubling up once again for two teams. Sweetness! This time, I'm planning on incorporating corporal punishment into my coaching regimen, while teaching the kids how to chew tobacco and swear. Going to be great.

Big poker tourney coming up this Friday. Winner will payout north of $1k and it looks like a pretty small turnout is expected. Wish me luck!

Song lyric of the day "Back in school / we are the leaders of it all" Deftones

Until next time.

Ace

No comments: