Monday, December 8, 2008

Premature jocularity


I suppose the combination of this post title and the image could be contstrued as a bit of entendre. But would I do that to you, dear reader? That's a rhetorical question.
I'm celebrating too early, as my final paper has been submitted, my horrible presentation given, and I've apparently forgotten that I still have an essay final to complete on Thursday. Oh well, I'm just looking forward to the break from school!
And there is additional reason to celebrate. I'm very pleased to report that I received my acceptance letter to the graduate program in the mail late last week. I'm super-excited to finally have that knocked and to officially becoming over-educated!
Beyond this, I'm taking a bunch of time off work in the next few weeks to burn up vacation time before year end. I have plenty to keep me busy and it starts this week, where I begin filling my time before I'm even done with my final. The office holiday get-together goes off Wed night, followed by my final and a club show with my favorite fellas from Seven Mary Three on Thursday night, the final tourney of my poker league regular season on Friday night and a holiday brunch on Sunday. Wow!
With that, I bid you adieu!
Song lyric of the day "Tap the bottle and twist the cap!" by Young Black Teenagers
Until next time.
Ace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the acceptance letter buddy, that is awesome! See you Fri for sure.
-Wud

Shel said...

Congrats! On being done (basically) and the acceptance.

Ace said...

Thx folks, feels good to be headed into break!