Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Odds and ends

Great news, I got my GRE scores and my suspicions were confirmed, my writing score was good enough to surpass program requirements. At this point, the only thing standing between me and entry into the grad program is the review and acceptance of my application, recommendation letters, etc. I'm guessing this won't be a problem. After all, if there's one thing I've learned about higher education, it's that the higher the institution can escalate its tuition income, the better!

In the meantime, reading assignments have been somewhat long, taking up all available time. I can already foresee myself cramming down to the wire on my research paper and presentation that are due in early Dec. Ugh, I hope I can avoid it.

Big happy bdays to half the world, who seem to be celebrating this week, including D, W, N and #3, who turned 2 this past weekend. I believe a small gathering is in the offing to celebrate the affair, a little later than the actual day due to some other stuff on the calendar.

I'm afraid that's all I've got time to bore everyone with today - work is nutso right now!

Song lyric of the day: "Taking what they're giving cause I'm working for a living" Huey Lewis

Until next time.

Ace

No comments: