Thursday, June 5, 2008

On the Road Again

A big congrats to a former colleague JR. He and his wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl a few days ago. Welcome to the madness, sir, I'm sure you'll thrive! Also wishing a speedy recovery to my older sister on some minor surgery last week, just don't drop the painkillers into the shot glass!

I'm heading to Houston for work next week. I'm kind of excited as I've never been there. In fact, I've only been to Texas once, for a weekend vacation to San Antonio. That is a beautiful and fun city, I definitely recommend a visit. And I also recommend checking out the IMAX movie of the Alamo before going to visit the place, it definitely helps to put the significance of the place in perspective.

Anyhow, I'm going for a couple days of meetings with a client. The way it is set up, I believe there is a very strong chance that I'll be able to check out a game at Minute Maid Park, where the Astros will be playing Milwaukee. I've been wanting to get to this stadium since it opened and I've heard that it's beautiful. I hope to be able to report back next week with more.

Yesterday we attended a kindergarten graduation ceremony for #1. Crazy how quickly time has gone and how quickly the kids are growing. There was borderline teary-eyed activity on the part of many of the parents. I guess I'll get to go through this one a couple more times so I'm not quite there yet.

Now the kids are out of school for the summer and our little nuclear unit faces some additional challenges. As a result of a lot of things, including a terrible homebuilding economy and insolent siblings, we are looking at changing babysitters in the next week or two. It doesn't really sound like a big deal but the better half and I are concerned about shuffling the kids around to a bunch of different places. The new sitter is only available until the fall, so we'll have to figure something else out then. I hope the transition isn't too much for the monkeys, I'm sure they'll adjust. In addition, the cost for us is going to go up fairly significantly (although still way below what daycare would cost us). Sheesh, how in the world do people do this?

Off to listen to some corporate babble about a bonus I'll likely never see!

Song lyric of the day: "Shuffle it all / Keep movin along / Pack up your life again" Izzy Stradlin and the Juju Hounds

Until next time.

Ace

No comments: