Wednesday, March 26, 2008

100 miles per hour


Things are flying by at the speed of light.


Since my last post I've spent time in Philly, North Carolina and even a few minutes at home. I've spent approximately an extra 8 hours in airports due to rain and high wind. And I've gotten up at anywhere between 3:45 am and 11 am to start my various days. It's really amazing that I haven't gotten sick.


In the midst of the madness, I've managed to meet a beautiful little girl named Anna (congrats C&N), learned of a set of twins for another friend that just arrived a couple days ago (congrats E & C) and managed to miss a visit to my house from friends I haven't seen in years (sorry M & G & your ever expanding family).


I've also discovered that I got a 45 out of 45 on the presentation given in my class last week - quite possibly the worst presentation in history. And I've also discovered that I'll be coaching not one but two soccer teams this spring. Yep, meet the proud whistleblower for the Armadillos and the red team. Should be great.


More important than all of the insanity mentioned above, the family is about to undergo a major change. The better half is re-entering the work force. This is exciting, scary, hopeful, devestating. As has been well documented here, this is a necessary change to our nuclear unit given my current aspirations. But it brings about quite a lot of change, including a mish-mash of daycare, unbelievable generosity from friends (thanks a million H) and the type of scheduling coordination previously reserved for military maneuvers and Parker Lewis episodes ("synchronize Swatches"). We're most concerned about the impact on the little ones but hopeful that after a little transition we will settle into a groove. We'll see. The better half is pretty amazing undertaking such a challenge and making such a sacrifice, I don't have the words. I only hope that the change brings about the great accomplishment that I think it will. Anyhow, things will get busier before they calm down.


In the meantime, I continue by trying to figure out how to improve my newly minted fantasy baseball team and prepare to hold the draft for my other league. The good news is that baseball season is officially under way, a sure sign that spring really is coming, even though Mother Nature has scarcely provided a hint that this is true. Amazingly, the area saw a dump of somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 inches of snow last week with at least a little more expected tonight. Ugh!


School wise, I have 2 papers left to hammer out in one class and several projects in the other. Fortunately, I have about 6 weeks left to do all this. Hopefully it can be accomplished. And next week, I get to figure out what I'm doing over the summer semester. Time to sign off! I expect to post some music stuff shortly, looking forward to pimping!


Until next time.


Ace


Lyric of the day "I just checked in, to see what condition my condition is in" as done by Kenny Rogers in the Big Lebowski

4 comments:

Robin said...

I am glad you are getting to coach the kids. I suggest you watch that Will Ferrell movie Kickin' and Screamin'....so you won't make HIS mistakes!!

Have fun with it!!

Anonymous said...

Remember Ace...sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar eats you.

The dude abides.

Ace said...

Kickin and Screamin was a pretty funny movie, especially with Ditka in there. I get my coach's training tomorrow, hope I don't pull a hammy!

Ace said...

Another sasparilla Gary?