Thursday, September 13, 2007

Quickie (as opposed to?)

Just a quick update:

Happy day after b-day to the better half. The mid-week occurrence of the bday sort of put a damper on things but I at least made dinnner and scored a french silk pie from baker's square. This past weekend we went to Chinatown in Chicago to celebrate. We ate until we could eat no more! The better half continues to amaze with the stamina for doing all of the things that somehow amazingly get done. It's fun to look back and see how our lives and relationship have changed over time. Ah, but that is fodder for another more thoughtful post.

School is heating up. I begin my first in-class experience this week, visiting a local high school and assisting the teacher and spending some time tutoring in the library. Hopefully I don't get too nervous and throw up on any kids.

I am working on an interesting project that will have to be done this weekend, writing a response to one of my own blog entries. I will post the results here but I think it is going to be fun, if not a little too self-centered. But hey, it's a school assignment so I didn't really have much of a choice.

I am expecting to spend most of my waking time working on my various school assignments, projects, readings, student teaching applications, state tests, yada yada yada. That said, expect more quick posts like this with an occasional longer and more serious post.

And very importantly, fantasy football update:

Boom Kings, 1-0
Come On Sucker Lick My Battery, 1-0
Nice Guy-Dick Taters, 1-0

Those are my 3 teams in my 3 different leagues. One of the most fun things is to come up with the team names. Off to a blazing start, I'm first or second highest scorer in all 3 leagues so it was definitely a great beginning to the year. Let's see if we can keep it up!

Until next time.

Ace.

No comments: