Thursday, August 2, 2007

Newark Alone

Your dusky Ohio moon shines on me
Musty and dense, closing in
A daily crisis, I surmise
From the frantic, piercing look in your eyes

Hillbilly warfare summoning me
Alluring and repulsing, cater to me.
Time will never catch you, never hold you
in its grip
I want to catch you, feel you, know you,
Such a strange town

Your glowing lights deceive you
Shine through your invisible soul
Peel away that which clearly reveals you
Detracts from the battered whole.

She's so cosmopolitan, out of place
Walking ever so close, I cannot see her face
What of you at this strange hour
Do you belong here alone, alone?
Pay me no mind

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool.....and of course I'm right, I'm a woman!

I still have a few copies of the 1994 Cardinal with the two pieces I wrote; "Spontaneous Prose" still being a favorite. Might have to post that soon....

And to answer your question from a couple fo days ago as to whether I'm coniferous or deciduous; as it stands, probably deciduous as I'll be dropping SOMETHING in the next 7w (that would be Mallory)!!

-O Branch-ed One

Ace said...

Would love to read them, send along via e-mail if you don't want to post them. I'll put some more stuff up later, maybe once I actually write something new. The one above is actually quite old.

Be sure to wait the full 7 weeks kid, you don't want to be like us with children born in the flippin car!