Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Musically inclined

Hello loyal readers. I wanted to stop in and give a quick report. Only 5 weeks of my summer class left! Unreal, it is going so fast but I'm really enjoying the course so far. There has been extremely little lecture and lots of reading and interpretation of Master Shakespeare. Very enjoyable, especially compared to the boring courses I've taken in the last few semesters. It will be a race to finish but luckily I've got some long flights coming up that will let me stay caught up.

Speaking of which, just booked a flight to Vegas for the end of the month - woooohoooo! It's going to be a little weird as I'm going solo, for a pseudo-kinda-conference thingy but I'm certain I will get exhaustive amounts of poker played. It is going to be scorching hot there, not looking forward to that part of it. Also heading to San Fran in a couple of weeks. The scheduling kind of sucks as I fly out right after class Thursday night and don't get in until late, then heading back late afternoon Friday. Maybe I'll stay up super late on Thursday to at least get some fun time in while out there.

I really wanted to just post about music though. I cannot tell you how addicted I am to the new Silversun Pickups CD, called Swoon. I haven't been this hooked on a disc in years, probably since Final Straw from Snow Patrol. If you're looking for individual tracks, Panic Switch, Sort Of (my fav) and The Royal We are strong, but really the entire disc is really good. I'm looking forward to checking out some of their other stuff. The better half and I are also digging Airborne Toxic Event and their tune Sometime Around Midnight. Several concerts/shows coming up in the next six weeks so I'm sure I'll be blogging more about music coming up.

Song lyric of the day "Does it make you nervous/when you hear my bones/animate my body/without my soul?" Silversun Pickups, Sort Of

Until next time.

Ace

2 comments:

Q. said...

Dude, you got me hooked on Silversun Pickups when we listened to it on the way to the H show. And I have been a huge fan of Airborne Toxic Event for a while, but was a closet fan because Sometime Around Midnight has a teen-lovey trying too hard with too much imagry type of song. But they are a very solid band. Tried to see them a few months ago at Shubas, but no such luck.

Shel said...

I need new music, so I will have to check these out. Good luck with Will!