Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Keeping my head down

Well dear reader, things are going just fine. Work has been extremely busy, with some organizational changes that have been confusing and time-consuming. But hopefully at the end of the day it will all be better than it is today. It definitely has that potential. I've been travelling to visit clients locally quite a bit lately, which has kept me busy. More of that in the future, as well as some travel to visit my client out in Cali and probably a trip back down to Houston. Plus I've got a fun trip to Vegas in a few weeks, sweet!

I'm down to 4 weeks remaining in class for the summer term. We got our first grade in our last class period. It was really weird, the professor gave us a group of lines to read from one of Shakespeare's plays and we just had to do our best to read it out loud appropriately. The purpose was to practice scansion and enjambment, which are basic skills of knowing how to read along with the meter of the work and when to pause, etc. Kinda weird as it was done really on the spot but I did fine with it. We have a major assignment due today, I have a feeling I did ok on it but not great. We'll find out quickly enough!

Otherwise, just keeping on. Kid #1 turned 7 last week, wow I'm old. We're having her bday party this weekend, that should be fun. We attended a big celebration this past weekend for our friends who married in Mexico over the winter - there were a lot of people there. It was a fun time for all, or at least for me. I have been doing a decent amount of running lately, trying to beat my time in my last 5k. My next race comes up late next week, I hope it doesn't get too hot!

Listening to some fun new stuff these days, including MGMT "Time to Pretend", Band of Skulls "I Know What I am", Innerpartysystem "Don't Stop" and The Rifles "Science in Violence". Good stuff!

Song lyric of the day "Truckin', up to Buffalo, been thinkin', you got to mellow slow" Grateful Dead

Until next time.

Ace

No comments: