Monday, November 3, 2008

Trick or Treat!

The kids had a blast trick or treating on Friday. The weather was spectacular, around 70 or so and we had record turnout in the 'hood. The streets were teeming with ghosts, monsters and about 10,000 Indiana Jones' (unofficially my vote for most popular costume this year). #1 & #2 were medieval princesses, just like Mom. # 3 was Darth Vader, after being Yoda last year.

We also had a big bash on Saturday night at the homefront, a combo bday party for #3 and a costume party for the kids and adults. It was quite nuts, probably a dozen kids under the age of 8, all going various stages of insane from a combination of sugar shock and mob mentality. Good times. I will attempt to e-mail some pics out from the affair....

Kind of blew off school work this weekend, which is generally pretty dumb. I've got a boatload to do but am scheming as to ways to get it done. I have to say, I come away from class every Thursday feeling less and less like I get it. There is some serious analysis of the most minute literature being done in this class. Guess I'll never be a lit professor. I suppose I'll survive this tragedy. I have to say though, that the professor for this class is unbelievable in terms of his knowledge. I swear he's memorized everything he ever read and knows so much of the history to place the lit in context. Very impressive. I've really run across some excellent instructors at my university (and a couple not so excellent ones).

I'm sorry to report that fantasy football has not been going well of late. Went 1-2 this week, although the league that I won is the one where I needed it the most. I'm a shoo in to the playoffs in 2 of 3 leagues and right on the edge in the 3rd. As I learned last year, just making it in is all you need and then hope your team gets hot. I'm sure no one cares about this but whatever.

Song lyric of the day "I'm a-talkin' to myself" Billy Idol

Until next time.

Ace

1 comment:

Robin said...

So how is school going??

Halloween was big around here when the girls were at home. They were always sometime dead. Bag ladies, prom queens, cheerleaders, punks...but death was the running theme. Hippies, bikers, it really didn't matter...they had to be dead.
And no neither are in therapy.