Monday, December 10, 2007

Nearly there

My last class was supposed to be tonight but due to inclement weather, it has been cancelled. Kinda sucks because now I have to drive out and pick up some assignments later this week and complete any revisions and submit them by mid-day Friday. Not very convenient with a very full work schedule but I'm going to have to make it go somehow.

Very short post as I'm trying to catch up on a thousand things that have fallen through the cracks during a very busy semester. But I've bid a fond farewell to my friend Shakespeare (parting is such sweet sorrow) and a not so fond farewell to the irritating professors in charge of my clinical observations. And now I'm trying to chart the course from here to fall '09 when the student teaching begins. It appears I will not actually be able to get my math endorsement by the time I start teaching but hopefully will be able to finish up during my first year of teaching. This should change my status from another English teacher scraping for a job to a very marketable English and Math teacher scraping for a job. This is a good thing.

Next post is likely to be a CD review I promised over the summer. Been a while since I ruminated on any music but I'm starting to get the juices flowing with some recent record releases that I've enjoyed and a few live shows upcoming that I'm excited about.

Almost snuck into the playoffs in my one fantasy league, I won my game, one of the players I needed to lose did lose and the third player won but outscored me by a lot to take the tie-breaker. Suck!!!! But I managed to win one of my playoff games (and lose the other). The good news is, I won in the bigger $$$ league. A win this week puts me in positive cash territory on the season. A loss and I still have a chance to break even. But no matter what, I'm in the money, hurray!

Here's pulling for the App State squad to win the I-AA title in football this Friday for a 3rd straight year!

OK, gotta run.

Until next time.

Ace

No comments: