Thursday, November 1, 2007

It's been a while

since I've f*d things up, the way I always do. Ah, the chipper lyrics of Aaron Lewis, lead singer of Staind. Well, I don't think I've f'd anything up but when I wrote the title the song popped into my head. I digress.

MacBeth - done. One page paper to write tonight and I'm halfway done with my Shakespeare class. Dude was a pretty good writer. I'm thinking a bit overrated though. The class I'm taking is all done independently, with audio lessons via CD. The instructors could not be more in love with someone than they are with the old Shaker. I guess it's their job but it's a little disgusting. I think you could get arrested in at least 36 states for giving someone so much lip service. I'm in the midst of King Lear as we speak.

Only about a month left in the semester, I really can't believe it. I'm getting by and thinking I'll do pretty well in the class I care most about, one of my recent assignments has gotten rave reviews. This is a good thing. And I think the teacher likes me. Really, what's not to love?

I register for spring semester next week. It looks like I'll be in class at least 2 nights per week. But one of the courses is an American Lit course at the graduate level. I think it should be fun, I love literature. It looks like 3 classes total, which should be a little easier to handle than this semester.

One quick poker note, I was playing this past weekend and hit a royal flush. Not very often one of those bad boys come around, unfortunately I only had a couple people in the hand with me so it wasn't a huge pot to win. But, I did score 2 free tickets to the buffet for my effort!

Tough week in fantasy football, only 1-2 overall. I'm going to need to get hot to make the playoffs, although it is definitely still in striking distance in all 3 leagues:

Boom Kings 4-4 - probably my best team but on a 2 game losing streak. 5th place overall, top 4 make playoffs, 4th place team also 4-4 but has 27 more pts than me.

Nice Guy Dick Taters 4-4 - 3 game losing streak, tied with 2 other teams at 5th place overall, top 4 make playoffs, playing 4th place team this week.

Come on Sucker Lick My Battery 5-3 - 4th place overall

Congrats Red Sox on winning the World Series, they could definitely be set up for a nice run the next few years with all the talent on that team. And a fun football matchup this weekend with Colts and Patriots squaring off, what a hype fest! Plus the Bulls tipped off last night, not a great beginning but they should be pretty good this season. I sure hope they don't trade for the rapist-prima donna Kobe.

Finally, I'll leave with a limerick, which have gone missing in recent posts. This one is particularly timely:

There was a young damsel named Carole
Who liked to play stud for apparel.
Her opponents straight flush
Brought a maidenly blush,
And a hasty trip home in a barrel.

Until next time,

Ace

No comments: