Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Welcome back welcome back welcome back

Hey peeps, I'm really still alive, just been caught up in the business of day to day life. I am mid-semester in my African American lit class, it's been ok so far. Unfortunately my classmates aren't as insightful as some of my previous grad classes and as such, I've gotten less from our roundtable discussions than I had hoped. But things are heating up with my term paper, a draft is due in a few weeks and I'm still torn on my topic. I expect great movement in short order!

I am absolutely crushed that I'm unable to disappear to Peoria tonight to check out Silversun Pickups. Unfortunately it is the closest they will be in many many months. On the bright side, got to check out Airborne Toxic Event (no, that's not a swine flu reference) over the weekend at Metro in Chicago. Love the venue, the show had ups and downs but glad we were there. It was great for the better half and I to hang with Q & Krissy, good times!

Work has been absolute madness, which is par for the season. I'm hoping calmness is on the horizon. And my first stint coaching kiddie basketball starts tomorrow night, coincidentally, the start of the Bulls season as well. Ah, serendipity.

I had an interesting discussion with one of my nieces last night, me giving her a sort of carpe diem speech about getting herself educated and stop procrastinating. I feel like I was convincing myself of the need as much as her. But I'm on my way folks, this train of mine is moving ahead at full speed. I'm excited and scared but hopeful.

Lastly, if you care about your money at all, check out mint.com. This site is really cool, let's you track all your accts (banks, loans, credit cards, 401ks, etc) and sends reminders when stuff is due. The budget features are really great. It only takes a very short while to set up and is very user friendly. And, bonus, I can play with it on my iPhone, which I am loving.

Finally, root for a tie so neither the Yanks or Phillies can win this year's world series. Glad to be back!

Song lyric of the day: "It's been such a long time, it's been such a long time" Boston

Until next time.

Ace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you are still around, was beginning to worry!
have heard nothing but good things re:mint, have to go check it!

heating and air conditioning said...

I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

- reverse cycle air conditioning adelaide | room air conditioners adelaide | air conditioner service adelaide